See correct match report.
Another nail-biter against the talented London Fields chaps.
Village CC managed to sneak a two wicket win, thanks to an IPL finish from EK (36no) and Alluri (18no) which put some of London’s finest protected trees in danger. The late order pair were well set up by Morgs (45) and Cressey (48) as Village recovered from a tough start.
We chased down 232 for victory, one wicket for all of the bowlers….. except for Ian.
For a full match report please see the London Fields website*
*report not entirely accurate, namely:
- Was a warm day
- Track as flat as a pancake
- Kapila out way before anyone settled in
- Cressey is medium height
- Robin was 100% plumb
- Fernback’s late cuts were off his outside edge
- Taz Miller’s wagon wheel only consisted of a series of repetitive lines to the cow corner boundary
- Nobody applauded, all day (Pitcher wasn’t playing)
- Nobody really knows the waist high no ball rule well enough to swear about it
- Village CC have the longest batting line up in local London cricket
- Best post-match chat was in the pub